Environmental pollution, disturbed dietary habits and work stress all contribute to hair loss. But, everyone desires to have beautiful looking hair because it adds charm to one’s personality.
Although, we have been trying several hair care treatments in order to moisturize damaged hair, but as we grew up, we ignored the wisdom of centuries that hair oil massage is the best way to get nourished hair which our mothers have also kept telling us.
Why oiling the hair is important?
Oil massage is one of the best ways to nourish hair and prevent hair loss. It helps in improving circulation of blood to the scalp which leads to healthy hair and also restores the lost moisture to dry, frizzy tresses.
How to apply oil to hair the right way?
Now, you know how beneficial is oiling to hair. But, just simply applying oil to hair does not serve the purpose; you need to follow a specific way in order to get desired results. The following are some tips you should consider while massaging oil into your hair:
- Apply oil to scalp not hair because the roots need to be nourished to get shiny and beautiful hair
- Steaming your hair with a hot towel after oiling is very good as it helps hair to absorb the oil. Just wrap a hot towel over it for 10-15 minutes. Make sure that the towel is not too hot as too much heat can harm the hair shaft.
- Oiling should be done atleast for about one to two hours ahead of shampooing, applying oil overnight is more beneficial as it will seep in more during night. It is always better to leave the oil on the scalp for a longer period of time but not more than 24 hours as then it’ll start attracting dirt, in turn it’ll make the hair weak
- Try to use 100% Organic (natural) oils as they prevent protein loss, and restores natural nourishment, thus making your hair lustrous
- So oiling of hair and scalp is an essential activity that involves the selection of right hair oil and correct way of application. Other than taking care of hair, oiling hair serves certain ancillary purposes too. It additionally contributes to relaxation, curing headache and migraine by giving relaxation.
- Oiling should be done at least once a week but you can go ahead and do it more frequently if needed.